Earlybird price extended to September 30th, 2021
CONVENTIONAL WISDOM : ALTERNATIVE VIEWPOINTS
More could be done to help newly graduating therapists transition into the workforce – particularly into clinical private practice. To assist this transition, the inaugural one-day New Graduate Conference will be running live from University of Adelaide on Saturday October 23rd. Featuring presentations and demonstrations from four physiotherapists with collectively over a century of clinical experience, newly graduating therapists will leave the event motivated and inspired to achieve a successful and sustainable career. Particularly suited to Physiotherapists however the content will be relevant to all therapy professions.
Themes covered include:
– The importance of manual therapy in the role of healing
– How to manage complex and challenging patients in private practice
– Self care and avoiding burnout to sustain a long and successful career
– James Schomburgk (Physiotherapy clinic owner and University of Adelaide lecturer) – The evidence supporting manual therapy – see bio and full details
– Elizabeth Santos (Physiotherapist, Naturopath & author of “New Graduates Guide to Physiotherapy”) – Starting strong: practical advice for building confidence, choosing your career pathway in physiotherapy & increasing your preparedness for clinical practice. – see bio and full details
– James McEwan (Physiotherapy clinic owner and Manual Therapy Institute instructor) – Explaining fascial chains and their contribution to recurrent injuries and chronic dysfunction – see bio and full details
– Haydn Gambling (Physiotherapy clinic owner and instructor with Manual Therapy Institute & Jones Institute) – Tips to survive and thrive in clinical practice & Counterstrain: manual therapy’s best kept secret – see bio and full details
This event will be available in three formats – live attendance, livestream and post event videos. All formats will receive access to the conference notes & videos and gain continuing professional development points for participating.
Live attendance participants will also receive a printed manual, complimentary lunch, prize giveaways and capacity to pose questions to the presenters throughout the day. They will also be part of a bonus “focus group”session led by recently graduated physiotherapists who will share their journey so far and give recommendation and answer questions on where to start.
Livestream and post event video participants will receive a pdf version of the manual and livestream participants will also be able to submit questions to the presenters for the “Question & Answer” panel at the conclusion of the event.
Registration for this event includes membership to the “New Graduate” forum and access to associated on-line course and videos. Full refund available in the event of covid cancellation.
For more detail on presentations and event schedule, link here.
This event is not just about how to find your first job but how to build and sustain a successful career.