The forum is set up so that you can ask questions and communicate with other therapists. The theme of the forum is treatment questions and is open to all treatment modalities. While it’s a public forum, only other people who’ve joined the group can post on the forum or see who is part of the group. By default, a members profile is only visible to them and you can change your name and profile picture if you wish by clicking the Profile link. If you wish to change your visibility, you can do so via Settings > Privacy Settings. You’re welcome to leave the group if you wish – just login and click the Leave Group button. If you wish to be notified by email of new forum topics or replies, please click the Subscribe link next to the search box. You can unsubscribe from the forum at any time
- Stick to the topic when responding to posts created by others.
- When creating your own post in the form of a topic, please give it a clear and concise title (and ideally topic tags).
- Before creating a new topic, or asking a new question, consider using the Search function to see whether it has already been addressed. If it has, post your new topic only if the previous thread has already been closed. Note that if you believe that your topic is related to an existing one but with significant differences, feel free to create the new topic (but make sure to address the difference).
- When referring to an external source, be sure to provide a hyperlink or complete reference to that source in order for others to access it.
- This is a public forum so please consider carefully before posting your own personal information. Posting personal information of anyone else is a violation of the rules of conduct for this forum and may result in the deletion of the topic/reply and a warning or a ban.
- No advertising material whatsoever is to be posted on this forum.
Rules on Appropriate Behaviour
- Be respectful towards other forum members.
- Don’t be offensive, abusive or cause harassment, this includes sexual, hateful, racist, homophobic, sexist, provocative or vulgar content.
- DO NOT reveal anyone’s identity by posting their personal information (or connecting personal information posted in separate places in a manner that reveals the person’s identity), unless that information has already been revealed publicly by that person on the forum.
Rights of Moderators
Considering the subject matter of the forum, it’s only appropriate for moderators to have the ability to make sure that all forum rules are being followed. To this end, moderators can, at their own discretion:
- close topics or forums;
- edit topics or replies (but only by clearly displaying their edits);
- move topics or replies to the appropriate topic/forum, if necessary; and
- delete topics or replies.
Consequences of Breaking the Rules
Breaking the rules of appropriate behaviour will have the following consequences:
- Minor infractions will get a warning; unless the post is edited to comply with the rules within 24 hours of the warning, it will be deleted.
- Repeated infractions will result in a temporary ban or, at the discretion of the moderator, a permanent ban from the forum.
- Please refrain from posting replies to this topic